Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lesson 11. Me and Edmund Dantes.

What I learned from my billions of experiences with The Count of Monte Cristo is as follows.

Living well is the best revenge.

I know. I know.

The moral is supposed to be: God will give me justice.

But what I have learned is that Edmund got lots and lots of education, money, and prestige by being cranky.

Once he had these, he was able to make the people who hurt him pay.

And he got the bonus of an amusing sidekick, a beautiful wife, a kid without having to deal with pregnancy or the terrible twos.

Edmund won.

Now, I do not have a list of people on whom I want to seek revenge.

No one has stolen my love, my identity, or really much more than a bunch of cds (yes, back in the day when we had cds).

But this living well idea sounds fabulous.

So when I run, I look at houses I could live well in.

There is one, on the hill, that has - over the years - become my dream house.

It's the one that I tell Chris I want to Monte Cristo (drive up and buy it with a cart full of gold and jewels).

And now it's for sale!

The catch? It's 1.5 million dollars.

Not even I knew I had planned on living quite so good.

But don't worry. I have a plan.

By tomorrow, you will be able to name 2 lottery winners. Hurley... and me!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha just don't use cursed numbers or we're all screwed!

    ReplyDelete