Monday, January 31, 2011

Lesson 23. Oh the places you'll go.

Ok. This is not really a lesson.

Chris is in charge of the budget. He had declared at least a year off from international travel (though I snuck Canada in as our 51st+.. I wonder if I could do the same for Bermuda).

So now I have to think about local travel. In these United States.

I know this summer we are doing the Northeast. Culminating in ocean kayaking in Maine.


But where else should be on my list?

So far it's....
Savannah. I don't know why.
I liked. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. That's why.

I generally want to sample the south a little more.

California more too.

And I've never been to Boston, only drove through Chicago, and can't remember anything about Philly. But watching/reading John Adams made me really want to go back.

Colonial Williamsburg too. Monticello. I love ye olde colonial. Chris doesn't.

And there is a bike trip down from Buffalo to Albany along the Eerie Canal (got a mule, her name is Sal) that we've been planning.

Don't worry. It's an official tour.

And Yellowstone. That's on the list.

I guess we should see Texas too. During our cross country trip, it was only a lunch stop. I want to remember the alamo. Or learn about it in the first place. Just like in Pee Wee's big adventure.

I would go back to Nashville too. Just for the food.

And Cleveland. Cause it rocks.

I will think of more soon. I think I need a map.

1 comment:

  1. Cleveland! Watch this!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM


    I don't know why but I can't stop laughing...

    ReplyDelete