Monday, June 13, 2011

Give us this day...

...my daily lesson.

I have abandoned the Lessons from Literature approach. Though I am certain I will still make frequent literary connections, I think it was feeling more of an extension of classroom epiphanies and less about actual learning for me.

And I need to learn.

Yesterday my 95 year old great uncle told me the secret to his age.

He said he tries to be as happy as possible.

While a relatively happy person, I don't know if I can say that I actively try to be as happy as possible.

I try many things: to be as fit as possible, as efficient as possible, and even, frequently, as good as possible.

But I do not think I have ever tried to be as happy as possible.

The idea is ponderous to me.

How can this change my daily life? I will try to find out.

1 comment:

  1. It may cause you to be less fit...

    happiness+ ice cream does not a fit person make.

    ReplyDelete