Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm so tired of acting tough, gonna do just what I please....

I have been on a fairly large Jack White bender lately.

Don't confuse this with a Jack Black bender. Fortunately that has never happened to me.

Often a fan of the White Stripes (Icky Thump was one of the albums Chris and I played incessantly on our trip cross country and some part of it reminds me of Arizona and endless stretches of road), I have been listening to everything by him lately.

And I have to admit, I think I may be a tad obsessed with Jack White as a "person."

Or, at least... as a persona.

I have loved his commitment to doing what he pleased forever now.

Pretending an exwife is a sister. Wacky, but great. Helps avoid awkward questions I guess.

Teaming up with Lorretta Lynn? Just plain awesome.

Starting a dozen other bands...just for fun? The man is starting to sound as hyperactive and in need of stimulus as I am.

Throwing a divorce party to say farewell to a relationship that had beauty but didn't work? Who does that? Jack does.

But mostly I just like that whatever he does, he seems to commit 100% to. That whole only wearing red or white or black thing? That could've been difficult for many. He did it with panache. He was steampunk before there was a word.

Simply put - I love him, and think he is a genius, for doing what has made me happiest - no matter what. And I think doing that has made him a success.

I'm not saying I am going to commit to a three-color pallet (though, to be honest, I wear a lot of blue) or that after 5 months of piano lessons (I'm up to F thank you) I'm going to start a band, but...

I think I am going to try to inject just a little more of Jack White into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment